In the interest of public safety, Miller Springs Nature Center will be closed from June 15, 2016 until further notice.
Click for details
While flooding has abated, numerous trails were damaged by the high water. Some are being repaired, and others are being closed indefinitely. We expect the Nature Center to re-open late Fall 2016. Updates will be posted on this site, on our Facebook page, and sent to the “Friends of the Park” email list.
Click on the trails for more information. Scroll on the map to zoom. Or, visit our Trails page.
- There is no trash collection in the park; “Pack it in, Pack it out.” Please.
- Federal statutes prohibit: Collection, destruction, defacement, or removal of cultural or geologic features, or removal of, or injury to, plant or animal life.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted in the park.
- Smoking is not permitted during the current Burn Ban.
- Please respect other hikers by not using your cellphone in the park, except for emergency situations.
*No digging is allowed in the park nor may any geo-locations be placed near the dam’s structures or outlet area.
A Special Request for support
Miller Springs Alliance is working hard to improve and maintain the trails and natural habitat in the Nature Center. This includes
- grooming of trails,
- removal of fallen trees,
- removal of more than a thousand invasive trees and plants, in the past year alone, and
- construction of animal habitats.
- construction of restroom facilities near the parking lot
All of this work is done by volunteers. We need your donations, and your help! Please sign up for “Friends of the Park News” (in the adjacent right column) to be notified of upcoming volunteer events. You will also receive (easy opt in/opt out) periodic photos of recent happenings in the park. All of the tools and materials critical to improving and maintaining the park are purchased using donations from park visitors like you. Thank you for your support!